Monday, May 23, 2016

Week 8 EOC: The Adventure

My Fellow Adventurer,

Allow me to tell you another tale of excitement and debauchery as I look back on my past exploits.

As my trusty companion Passepartout and I set out towards the shores of Yokohama, the long journey forced us to camp out along the lush, tropical forests of the Philippines. Late at night, a local, indigenous tribe who introduced themselves as the Adobo clan invited us to spend the night at their camping grounds. They sure knew how to party, as we were greeted with voluptuous women who spoke in nothing but sexually suggestive nut puns, while a sweet and succulent scent filled the air. After engaging in hours of drink and fornication, the tribe fell in a deep slumber. Seeking to find the source of this delectable scent, my companion and I followed the scent, which led us to the chieftain’s quarters, and to our delight, we found a large pot filled with a mysterious, gooey marinade. We couldn’t resist walking away, so we set to acquire a portion of this succulent marinade, but to our surprise, the chieftain awakened to find us in his quarters. We were tied up and ordered to be thrown into a local volcano, but thanks to the craftiness of my companion, we managed to break free of the rope as we surfed back to the hot-air balloon to continue the next part of our journey........or at least that’s how I remember it. Honestly, I was still buzzed from the drinks.

In the spirit of my exploits, I have spent these recent years trying to replicate the salivating marinade I encountered on that very night. After years of experimenting, I believe I have done the unthinkable of replicating that very same marinade. In the spirit of the noble tribe and the voluptuous peanut-pun speaking women, I present to you the Adobo-marinated cracker nuts. But fellow adventurers beware, the scintillating recipe of sweets and spices can be a bit overwhelming at first, but do not be afraid. Share them with your fellow companions and keep them away from indigenous tribes. But most importantly, enjoy.

Your trusted confidant,

Phileas Fogg

No comments:

Post a Comment