Monday, April 18, 2016

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

The millennial category that I fall into is a vast population of racially diverse individuals born between 1977 and 2000.  Some characteristics from my millennial generation that I found include:

 2.5x more likely to be an early adopter of technology. I’m not surprised in the least bit since we seem to be the most tech-savvy amongst the different generations. We are mostly responsible for the rise of social media and the digital revolution.

80% of millennials want brands to entertain them. I generally agree that brands that catch my attention are ones that generate some sort of buzz on social media sites or through word-of-mouth from friends. More importantly, brands that pique my interest     

Millennials value experience over things.  Though I agree that I value sites like Yelp, which shares different people’s experiences of a restaurant or hotel, I still find myself sacrificing experience for the sake of budgeting and finding the most affordable products in the market.

Skeptical at heart. According the Cuker Agency, “Millennials can be a bit mistrusting of businesses and corporations. They are more trusting of peers and information they find on the internet and social media.”  This is a pretty accurate representation of my though process. I usually rely on reviews and a little research on the company before I purchase products from them.

World travelers. Millennials tend to feel that ideas from abroad shouldn’t be take lightly. We tend to be a lot more open-minded from previous generations and embrace change a lot better than generations such as the baby boomers.

Social consciousness. According to my research, Millennials tend to respond better to a product or service that makes a world a better place. A brand with a social cause tends to reflect better in the eyes of my generation because we buy into the brand and it’s mission statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment