Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 1 EOC: My Voice


Words can’t ever really express what music has done for my life. Growing up around a family of musicians, it was easy to take it all for granted. I have always had a fascination with a great song’s ability to touch the hearts of its listeners, which led to me spending countless hours of listening to great tunes in search of that magic formula to a timeless song. But what started out as a fascination quickly turned into a lifelong passion of creating sounds that touch people on a personal level. Throughout my time at AILV, I’ve learned that making a great song doesn’t rest squarely on the musician. I fell in love with the technical aspect of audio production, in particular the recording and mixing techniques used by audio engineers which shape the sound of the song just as much as the musician itself. The ability of a sound engineer to interpret the musician’s ideas and make it a reality is an art form vastly overlooked by the general listener, but one I have come to greatly admire. Music is a universal language that brings people together, so as an aspiring sound engineer, I want to be able to contribute to great music that inspires and uplifts its listeners the same way I was inspired growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment