Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service



"Satisfied customers buy again and tell others about their good experiences. Dissatisfied customers often switch to competitors and disparage the product to others."


When trying out a new eatery in town, I used to rely on review websites like Yelp to try out new eateries in town. While it's not necessarily wrong to use these sites as a resource to make well-informed decisions, I learned the hard way to not solely rely on the site itself. I wanted to try new sushi places in town, so me and friends looked online to find a nice sushi bar with solid reviews. I was going to UNLV at the time, and there just happened to be a sushi joint a few blocks away from campus called Yama Sushi, which was great since I wasn't driving at the time. It had generally positive reviews, ranging from good affordability to great-tasting sushi with fast service. What I neglected to do was to ask around campus to get word-of-mouth advice from other students who'd already tried the place out. Yelp didn't bring to my attention how crowded the place gets, so I ended up walking with my friends over to the spot, only to be told that the wait time would be 30-45 minutes. I just happened to have a class later on that day, so we ended up turning back disappointed. When I finally asked around, I noticed that other people had similar experiences as well. They discouraged me from Yama and re-directed me to another sushi joint close by with less people and faster service. Moral of the story: don't be one-sided. Get other mutual friend's experiences as well instead of the opinions of complete strangers. I'm not saying I won't go Yama ever again, but thanks to friends, I found my ideal sushi joint.

No comments:

Post a Comment